Saturday, February 25, 2012

In a rut



There's been some big changes happening on my side, and I'm hoping there'll be some changes in store for the blog as well. I'm going to get back to updating and reading once again when I've figured out what I want for this place. It's been a bit all over the shop up to this point - I don't know how to categorise it. I don't like falling into any category or labelling myself, but I feel like the blog is in need of some identity - a categorization, some discipline. It's not strictly a 'lifestyle' blog, its not a 'personal' tell all blog, but I am a bit afraid of the title 'personal style' blog, because I don't see myself as particularly stylish, and I don't intend to serve as """"inspiration""""" for anyone else. That being said, I am fascinated by people's style, art and design, so maybe that's the label I should be leaning toward. What do you think? Any comments or thoughts appreciated!

At the moment, I am off sweets and chocolate and junk (biscuits, etc) for Lent!
I've only started noticing the wee collections of sweets I have dotted around my room - too much temptation, but its day 4 now and I've not been this long without sugar since I was about 16.



I'll catch up with you all soon! And boy, is there a lot of catching up to be done.
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Mine gets called a fashion blog all the time even though that is so not what I do. I even get fashion PR press releases and published in a fashion blogger book.
    Anyway just post what you feel like posting whenever it suits you. No need to pigeonhole yourself. I get tired of blogs that are the same every day.
    Xo,
    Blogfullofjelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get those emails too, but I'd ideally like to 'tailor' the content of my blog so I find it easier to motivate myself, and meet other bloggers who post similar content.

      Delete
  2. It's just 'YOUR' blog... i call mine a style blog, style doesn't just mean clothes of oufit posts, it's a good umbrella term as i post about whatever I'm interested in. Love your blog anyway. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your posts. I never have a clue how to name my blog to be honest. Who cares? blog about what you like it's YOUR space to do what you want x

    ReplyDelete