Thursday, August 23, 2012

Ciao!

So my blogging will be even more sporadic than it usually is -but- I have a legitimate reasoning this time, as I will be in Venice for 4, perhaps 5 weeks. I am flying out today as from this weekend onward I am going to be working as a Steward at Venice Takeaway, in the British Pavilion space at La Biennale di Venezia, for this year's architectural Biennale.


(Source)

The Architecture Biennale follows the same framework as the Art Biennale with the national pavilions presenting individual exhibitions in the centre of Venice. The British Council curate and organise an exhibition in the British Pavilion. The Council commissions architects, designers and engineers to put together exhibitions for the British Pavilion.

I'm nervous, but mostly I am excited at the prospect at working again at something I'm interested in, and all the new and interesting people I will encounter.

I will endevour to tweet/instagram/etc while I am there, so watch this space.



Follow Venice Takeaway on twitter and facebook, instagram handle 'venicetakeway'.

The 13th International Architecture Exhibition, directed by David Chipperfield and titled Common Ground, will be open from 29th August to 25th November 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That's so exciting, have a fabulous time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm excited to hear all about your adventures :D good luck, zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds pretty exciting, best of luck and mostly importantly HAVE FUN x

    ReplyDelete