Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Snapshots of Venice


Like my fellow young people, I love using instagram. I was able to keep my friends up to date on my Venetian adventures, via my twitter.



1. Enjoying my final gelato
2. Sun worshiping on Lido



3. Alexander Calder 'Arc of Petals' (1941) at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection
4. Keeping track of visitor numbers at the British Pavilion at the Biennale



5. The British Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
6. Ceiling of the restored Sala dell'Albergo (2012) at the Accademia galleries



7. A council block sized cruise ship passing through on the Grand Canal (an all too common sight unfortunately)
8. Some unique Venetian style: a toilet print velvet frock coat



9. Venetian sunset
10. One of the many, many bridges I crossed on my walk to work in the morning



11. Post work prosecco
12. Cheap wine, everywhere!



13. Approaching rain clouds in Venice
14. A washout day at the Biennale



15. Free Pussy Riot masks concealing the faces of the female statues in the Garibaldi at the Venice Biennale
16. Front of House service with a smile at the British Pavilion with Aurora



17. Venice like a scene from Don't Look Now
18. A brilliant Turner-esque Venetian sunset (no filter!)



19. A Pope John Paul commemorative candle for sale in my local convenience store!
20. Saying farewell to my Venice flat!

If you're on instagram follow me - illbeyourmirror

1 comment:

  1. I like how you started this with 'like my fellow young people...' :D

    ReplyDelete