Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


I first posted these pictures of my Dad taken in the late sixties and early seventies (as a student in Dublin) last year. I don't have many old photos of him and these are my favourite.





I want to thank my Dad for fostering my love of history by watching all those documentaries when I was a kid, answering all my questions, taking me on father and daughter holidays to historically significant places in Ireland, England and Italy. I'm sorry for being a difficult child and having all those tantrums. Thank you for supporting me through a degree you didn't quite grasp because it wasn't something practical like nursing.

We never say it out loud (being Irish) but I love my Dad very much. I don't know what I would do without you. Happy Father's Day and I hope you got my card:


4 comments:

  1. The 70s glam rock against chintzy wallpaper is awesome. Your dad is so cool.

    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love that card,
    the photos are great!

    elizaaa

    http://dearelizaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's touching.

    In my dads Fathers Day card I wrote that I loved him despite his attitude problems and that chip on his shoulder and an IOU for a day out together.

    ReplyDelete