Friday, June 8, 2012

Stealing Beauty Revisited

A little over two years ago, when I first started this blog, I posted about one of my quintessential summer films, Stealing Beauty. You know those films that the mood takes you to watch only at certain times throughout the year? When June approaches, I find myself thinking about this film, prompting me to seek out my DVD copy and thus daydream the afternoon away.

I've finally gotten around to screencapping the whole film. Too many beautiful shots of Liv Tyler, the Tuscan countryside and crumbling Italian architecture, only a fraction of which I've included below. I wouldn't be surprised if Bernardo Bertolucci (Last Tango in Paris, The Dreamers) constructed this coming-of-age story solely around the youthful Liv Tyler, she is in practically every scene, and the subject of many, many close-ups.














Click on the images to enlarge them, more on my flickr. I have also uploaded 700+ screencaps here (remove xx). Please credit me if using. I am working on a slow connection so please be patient while I upload different parts of the film.

Other films I have screencapped or profiled:
Life without Zoe (1989)
Mysterious Skin (2004)
Wuthering Heights (2011)
The Red Shoes (1948)
Badlands (1973)
Dazed and Confused (1993)

3 comments:

  1. Yep, she was gorgeous in this film, she and Rachel Weisz. The only bit I seem to remember is the ending and Liv's red polka dot dress. I agree, time for a re-watch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is now big on my list for a film-gorge session when I get home.

    ReplyDelete